This is a common fear that engulfs almost all brides-to-be where they get sceptical about deciding on the right dress that they are to wear for their wedding. For several, there is a lot involved in settling on something that is just perfect. Asking friends, browsing piles of wedding magazines, looking out for the right tailors, etc. continue for months altogether unless something is decided upon.
Here are a few practical tips that are likely to help you come out of possible confusions and help you proceed systematically without having to mess things around.
• Decide on the type of dress you would want to wear. You may be undergoing a fitness regime to fit into a kind of dress that you have always dreamt of, and therefore, it is wise to stick to your decision.
• Get photographs or sketches as references that could help you either make a choice from the racks or allow the tailors to help you accordingly.
• List the names of probable dressmakers and stores that stock themselves with bridal wear in Melbourne. They can be located in your vicinity or somewhere not too far as commuting would become a problem.
• Visit each of the listed tailors and bridal stores in your list and make it a point to visit each one of them. You never know where you would get your hands on the one that is perfect for you.
• If it is a tailor that you have set your hands on, get to know the dates when you would be availing the final dress. Keep the dates flexible and nothing close to your wedding date. Last minute alterations take time and if it is anywhere close to the wedding day, you would be unfortunately encountering panic attacks.
• Look out for the right accessories and a bridal store would be the best place for it. They ease out troubles for the brides-to-be and accordingly allow them to purchase jewellery, clutches and shoes that complement the dress.